bg

Saturday, February 26, 2011

My first time inking


Good morning all

My Mom was gonna make me some crocheted dish towels for Christmas then she became sick and couldn't so my Aunt Shirley made me some and sent them to me yesterday...wasn't that nice of her! So I made a thank you card for her

I have been all in to trying different techniques lately .....

This is my first attempt at inking and I must say I really like it.

I used gold card stock

EK Success paper stack

and tan card stock to ink on
Cricut cart opposites attract for the thanks cut in gold
I used my pink , dark pink and green ink pads and a sponge to apply it ( didn't have a ink blending tool ) I have a few dab marks but hey not bad for first time out.....

I used my butterfly stamp and stamped the tan card stock first with versa mark heat embossed it with gold embossing powder then used the lt pink ink and the dark pink and then finally the green went all over the card stock with it.

trimmed it with gold card stock

Added sheer pink polka dot ribbon

A Nestie butterfly die cut pop dotted in between them, I used glue around the edges and added some fine glitter it doesn't show very well but it is really pretty!

A few pearls and I was done I really LOVE how this turned out.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day

Wanda

I GIVE ALL THE GLORY TO GOD

5 comments:

  1. Wow...I love love love this one...did I say love !!!! You did a fabulous job on this. I love the inks you chose and the butterflies are gorgeous. Love the added touch of pearls and ribbon. She will love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wanda! Well, well, well! First time's a charm for you! LOVE the gold heat embossed butterflies. Your inking looks fantastic! I think the sponge gives better results than the blending tools. I used a SU sponge yesterday for the first time and think I prefer it over the Tim Holtz blending tool. Can't wait to see more inking from you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! fantastic inking girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks fabulous. Seems like a pro to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. I love how it turned out, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave a comment.